Digital holiday marketing campaigns will be more important than ever in 2016. Last year was the most connected holiday shopping season yet. According to data collected by Google, 78% of shoppers used the Internet to conduct shopping research and 40% of purchases were made online. And Internet Retailer found that the biggest retail players drove 37.2% of their 2015 online sales in Q4.
So how can you make your brand stand out?
Capturing attention is not enough. Marketers need to drive participation.
Today’s brands are more innovative than ever. One of last year’s most memorable holiday marketing campaigns was an anti Black Friday campaign. When REI announced it would shut its doors on Black Friday and encouraged employees and customers to #OptOutside, consumers across the nation rallied around the cause. And it paid off. The retailer drove over 1.5 million social conversations, a reputation boost, a 10% bump in online traffic on Thanksgiving and a 26% rise on Black Friday. Not to mention snagging a couple coveted awards at Cannes.
Holiday Marketing Campaign Lookbook
Time to get inspired. We’ve compiled 12 holiday marketing campaigns that drove measurable results, including successful digital marketing strategies to help you:
- Build a marketing list
- Generate authentic fan photos and content
- Influence brand preference
- Drive Black Friday commerce
- Encourage fan interaction
- Impact holiday purchases
- Drive advocacy and UGC creation
- Increase sales of key products
- Reward loyal customers and obtain audience data
- Raise positive brand reputation
- Increase viewership and fan participation
- Motivate fans and grow Facebook following
By downloading this campaign lookbook, you’ll learn how to:
- Launch holiday marketing campaigns that attract and engage consumers
- Increase participation by leveraging authentic user-generated content and social insights
- Collect valuable consumer data to build your marketing list
From CNN’s second-screen experience on New Year’s Eve to Costa Coffee’s interactive sing-a-long Christmas sweepstakes, you’ll see a variety of examples from Thanksgiving to New Year’s. We hope they’ll inspire you as you plan for the peak season.