To celebrate and capture the buzz around Chinese New Year, CBC Calgary and the Calgary Chinese Cultural Association teamed up to create the ultimate multi-network photo contest to connect with those celebrating the occasion. By promoting the online contest at an in person event, this made the perfect way to maximize engagement and drive traffic to the colorful and festive-filled webpage.
MARKETING CAMPAIGN OBJECTIVES
- Maximize participation and campaign reach using multiple routes to entry, including a contest poster to prompt engagement and drive website traffic
- Enhance audience connection by showcasing local and authentic UGC
- Utilize the dedicated campaign hashtag #YYCcelebratesCNY to inspire conversation through social media
- Use the incentive of a grand prize to drive entries and engagement
- Add social depth to CBC Calgary’s website with hyperlocal and vibrant content
- Drive user-generated content that can be featured on radio, web and / or TV
MULTI-CHANNEL PHOTO CONTEST SOLUTION
In celebration of the Chinese New Year, and to capture the colorful festivities taking place throughout the week, CBC Calgary teamed up with the Calgary Chinese Cultural Association to launch a multi-network photo contest to engage website visitors and social media users.
As the Lunar New Year festivities continued in Calgary, CBC wanted to capture and showcase the happiness, togetherness and good-luck celebrated throughout the occasion. Whether it be watching the dragon lion dance, or sharing a traditional meal with family members, participants could get involved and submit how they’re celebrating through any three routes to entry; Twitter, Instagram, or directly through the form provided. To enter through Instagram, participants were required to upload their image or video using the hashtag #YYCcelebratesCNY, whilst submissions through Twitter also needed to include the hashtag and @CBCCalgary. To enable CBC to also capture valuable audience data, participants could also submit their entries and captions directly through the form provided by completing their personal details.
Post submission, all entries were filtered, curated and published to the social wall for website visitors to browse and share with their friends. What’s more, to incentivize entries, one lucky winner even managed to get their hands on family passes to the Zoo for an entire year!
7 Ways To Use Instagram For Brand Marketing Experiences In 2017
Download this White Paper to learn how to drive audience acquisition, boost engagement and maximize salesDownload Now