The rise in online consumption has shaped the media and publishing industry we experience today. Consumers demand high-quality free content at the click of a button.
This expectation, contrasted with rampant ad-blocking, declining print circulations, citizen journalism and content on social channels, means pressure is building for the industry to skill-up. To rub salts in the wounds, research suggests by 2020 ad blockers will cost publishers over $27 billion.
Therefore, as consumer trends change, traditional business models limber and lose out on new digital revenue streams.
SO, HOW SHOULD PUBLISHERS AND MEDIA OWNERS ADAPT?
Media owners need to ensure they expand the range of commercial products they offer advertisers across their digital channels. Products which effectively expand their media portfolio, enable them to capture profiled audience data and optimize revenue, without relying on traditional advertising formats. In fact, 25% of a media company’s digital revenues can be driven through sponsored campaign experiences.
With this in mind, download our white paper to discover how media owners and publishers are applying these five strategies to stay one step ahead in an ever-evolving industry:
- Commercial: Drive additional advertising revenue
- Creative: Inspire fans to create personalized memes
- Data: Capture huge amounts of data
- Editorial: Increase impressions with interactive content
- Social: Engage brand advocates across social
5 Proven Marketing Tactics That Drive Digital Revenue
This campaign book features campaigns from some of the world’s top brands, media owners and agencies, created using the Wayin platform. You’ll learn how to:
- Offer advertisers the most relevant sponsored campaign experiences at every digital touchpoint
- Generate additional advertising revenue and drive impressions with interactive content
- Capture huge amounts of rich data and actionable audience insights